LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating reuse code to lvlib files... namespace conversion leading to inability to find VIs?

I am attempting to migrate my reuse code from llb files to directories, and in the process grouping code within lvlib files.  All of the reuse code resides within my user.lib directory (which is in the search path).  After this conversion process, which has resulted in VIs being in different physical locations and having their namespaces altered, my other code is unable to automatically find them?  Is there an automated method for telling my programs how to find the new reuse code.  If not, does anyone have any suggestions for where to start writing a program that could help with the conversion process?  Note, none of the VI names have changed, but of course their logical namespaces have.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,379 Views)
If a subVI's location changes, open the calling VI and help it find any subVIs it can't locate. Once the calling VI is open, save it. This will save the new locations so the next time you open it the subVIs should all be found automatically. Note that if you use this procedure from the top-level VI there will be many subVIs that have been themselves relinked so you will need to resave them as well.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,360 Views)

You can also manually change the VI search paths.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/lvhowto/adding_dir_vi_srch_path/

Maybe you can temporarily add the new locations and go back to the defaults once you have saved all the VIs with the new paths.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,357 Views)