LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Silverlight not installing for NI-VISA drivers

Hi all,

I recently installed the LabVIEW 14.0.1 Development System on my PC and have been using it to play with a Eurotherm connector and usb-to-serial adapter. I've downloaded all the correct drivers for the connector and adapter but whenever I try to run a script in LabVIEW I am given error -1073807202 and prompted to install the latest NI Visa drivers. However every single time I run the executable for the Visa driver, the installation halts at 0% (installing Microsoft Silverlight 5.1 x64). I've tried uninstalling LabVIEW, Silverlight, and reinstalling everything but nothing I seem to do has any effect. Has anyone encountered this problem or have any idea for a fix?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,477 Views)

Install a newer VISA version instead, skipping the VISA installation that LabVIEW 2014 wants to do. Silverlight has been long ago abandoned by Microsoft and NI unfortunatly put its money on that horse making it a substantial part of the NI-MAX infrastructure back in those days, figuring wrongly that if it's from Microsoft it is meant to stay. Silverlight has serious problems to install in any way on modern Windows systems.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 5
(2,469 Views)

I'm trying to install NI-VISA 18.5 from the VI-VISA driver downloads page (http://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-visa.html). I believe that's the latest one and I'm still encountering a problem. Is there an even more recent or different page to install from? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,460 Views)

Are you having the same problem or a different one?

Look at http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53413/en/

It doesn't go up to VISA 18.5 yet.  But 18.0 dropped compatibility for LabVIEW 14.0

The latest VISA you should have installed is 17.5

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,448 Views)

Yes it's the same problem of stalling on Microsoft silverlight and it even happens when I try with 17.5

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,440 Views)