Methor or property for tools>>options

Solved!
Go to solution

Not so often... but is it a reason ?
Was just wondering if I was missing something... visibly not. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(678 Views)
You can request a different method by going to the Idea Exchange but since you admit that it is something that is not often done, I don't see the idea getting much traction but you never know. It doesn't hurt to ask.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(672 Views)

Well, since it's done...

By the way, any idea of how forcing LV to reload its menus ?
For example, I add an item in the LV help directory or projet directory and I'd like it to appear in menus without re-starting LV...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(663 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(658 Views)

This is for palette no ?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(652 Views)
That is what you would use to update your function palette when you install new functions with mnu files. If that is not what you mean, then be precise.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(644 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manu56

Some of the options in LV are exposed as properties, like you said.

If you want, there are also VIs in <LabVIEW>\resource\dialog\lvconfig.llb. I never really played with them (and I really don't feel the need), so I don't know if they affect the config immediately, but I think they do at least save to the INI file immediately.

As for updating, there should be refresh methods for both the palletes and the menus in the Application class, depending on your LV version, but the pallete one at least has been there for at least a few years.

thanks Tst. By the way those kind of things could be a part of the Hidden Gems library.
Regarding the refresh I saw effectively a method to refresh palettes but not menus.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(577 Views)