LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method Name: Linker:Write Info To File

In the process of converting/upgrading previous developed code (written in 8.5) to LV 10.0 (2010). When I try to do a build, I get the following error message:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.

=========================

NI-488:  Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,559 Views)

Rigz:

It sounds like the issue might be to a configuration in the upgraded code that the application builder is unhappy with. Usually, error -1 crops up with File I/O problems. Do you see any problems with the code at run-time (before building it)? Did you upgrade to a different operating system? That may also be a potential cause if one of your file paths suddenly became illegal/invalid in the new environment.

One thing you could try is forcing a recompile withing the development environment by holding Ctrl + Shift while clicking the run arrow on your top level VI. That may ferret out any hidden issues.

There also seems to be a related thread here that may offer some insight.

Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,524 Views)

How did you fix this problem? I am facing now as well

Error 1 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
=========================
NI-488: Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge.

LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,395 Views)

So my problem was one VI that calle .NET code.When I exclude it the build runs as expected. The VI attached in case somebody wanted to investigate it.

LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,390 Views)

I am in labview 2011 and have the exact same problem, but I don't call any .net code.  I can run the code fine in development, but the minute I compile this I get this error message....... I am under production deadlines, what am  I supposed to do?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,143 Views)

Ok, I think I have more information.  I recently converted to win7 and have been having problems with network locations that have file locations that are too long.  I compiled it to the local hard drive and it worked.  I then mapped a network drive to shorten the string that comprises the network location it compiled and worked on the network as well.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,142 Views)