LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages for this Actor.llb | Community assistance required

In my quest to reduce the amount of "Project Explorer Programming" when using Actor Framework, I've created a tool that will let you insert an AF message when right-clicking a tunnel.

Place Actor Message.gif

This works fine. However, there are three issues:

1. LabVIEW opens a crash report screen when you attempt to close LabVIEW
  2. I couldn't work out how to make the Send VI appear in-line with the tunnel
  3. I'm not sure what references I should be closing, so if someone wants to do a code review and grill me - feel free

In the spirit of community collaboration here's my GitHub page. If you can solve the issues / want to clean up the code, please feel free! https://github.com/TomsLabVIEWAdventure/Place-Actor-Message-Plugin

Attachment is saved in LabVIEW 2009. For install instructions, go here.

Message 1 of 4
(1,788 Views)
"Messages for this Actor" ... does the "this" imply that the popup menu only works on the Actor Core.vi? Or are you looking upstream and seeing the "Read Self-Enqueuer" and thus knowing that the wire is for this Actor and not some other actor?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,245 Views)

Ah, this is a good shout. Neither. At the moment it's looking at whether it's an enqueuer class and lists all the classes in the 'Messages for this Actor' folder. However, it's not looking upstream to see where the enqueuer is coming from. I'll work on that properly in the next couple of days. But for now, I'll do a quick update so it checks if the node before the tunnel was the "Read Self-Enqueuer vi" and work from there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,239 Views)

It's probably not the nicest solution, but I expect for #2 you could 'manually' move the placed Send after it is scripted in?

I guess you can get the BD position of the tunnel you clicked on from the Proj. Provider's references, and then use standard scripting together with the reference for the Send VI's node that you just created to move the position? (and perhaps then you'd need to tidy the wire... I'm not sure...)

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,724 Views)