LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging LabVIEW 32 bit project into LabVIEW 64 bit will it work for all the DLLs and library's ?

Hello Everyone

I am trying to convert a labview project which is written in LabVIEW  32 bit system.

I want to build installer of 64 bit of same project file which is 32 bit. 

Will it work on LabVIEW 64 bit and supports windows 10 64 bit ?

My major concern is for Database connectivity toolkit and for OPC server.

Please suggest.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,552 Views)

First of, why do you think you need LabVIEW 64 bit? 

Is your 32-bit LabVIEW program not working? 

If you go for the LabVIEW 64-bit version, you need to make sure that all the modules and tools that you use in found in a 64-bit version. 

If you use any driver or external dll's, you need to make sure they are 64-bit versions also.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,542 Views)

@dkfire wrote:

First of, why do you think you need LabVIEW 64 bit? 

Is your 32-bit LabVIEW program not working? 

If you go for the LabVIEW 64-bit version, you need to make sure that all the modules and tools that you use in found in a 64-bit version. 

If you use any driver or external dll's, you need to make sure they are 64-bit versions also.  

Currently 32 bit version facing memory issues.

64 bit system have better memory performance as they have huge memory limit but in 32 bit system it is cap to 4 gb.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,528 Views)

@AtulS wrote:

64 bit system have better memory performance as they have huge memory limit but in 32 bit system it is cap to 4 gb.

Unless you are dealing with huge amounts of data (often Vision projects), that is typically a programming issue.  You can probably clear up those issues with some refactoring.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,508 Views)

Thanks for reply..

Could you please provide me some links or info regarding refactoring.

@crossrulz wrote:

@AtulS wrote:

Unless you are dealing with huge amounts of data (often Vision projects), that is typically a programming issue.  You can probably clear up those issues with some refactoring.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,471 Views)

@AtulS wrote:

Thanks for reply..

Could you please provide me some links or info regarding refactoring.

@crossrulz wrote:

@AtulS wrote:

1. "Refactoring" is just a general term. Here he meant that you need to fix your code, and eliminate memory leaks, etc.
  2. Could you detail what kind of "memory issues" are you facing? What are the symptoms?
  3. If you have ever growing memory leaks in your code, moving to 64 bit will not fix these actually. You will eventually face problems again when your code eats up the local physical ram I imagine...
  4. To find memory leaks, there are different approaches and even tools from NI, google for the term. But you can also look for obvious ones in your code, like opening references repeatedly in a loop and not closing them (including your DLL calls), building arrays unlimited, etc...You could even try to remove parts from your code gradually, and test at every step for memory issues. I also suggest to zip your project and attach it here, people could look into it...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,467 Views)