LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge 2 images into single compound image

Hi,

I want to know how to merge 2 images into single compound image using vision acquisition software

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,876 Views)

Unfortunately, "merge" is an ambiguous term when dealing with images, represented as "brightness" values in either Gray tones or in 3-or-4 byte "color" representations.  What does "merge" mean?  Adding?  Or-ing?  Averaging?  And what about color?

I believe there are books written about computer graphics that may discuss this and related issues.  There may also be some discussion in the IMAQdx Help, but the documentation is minimal.  You could try a Web search ...

[I just did such a search, and found a different meaning of "merge" than I was thinking about -- did you mean "Merge" as in "overlay two images over the same picture area", or "place two images side-by-side so you can see both of them clearly"?  I was describing the former, but the latter is should be fairly easy to do ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,839 Views)

If you want to put the images side by side without overlapping, you can use Vision Development Module(VDM).

Vision Acquisition Software(VAS) is just for acquire image, not for image processing.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,827 Views)