From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MenuRef only appears in a menu activation event, need it to show in a menu selection user event

I reviewed the run-time menu example and the menu selections with events example and they both have the MenuRef Event parameter
in menu activation and menu selection events.

I cannot get teh menuref to show up in any event other than the menu activation event

Goal:

have a runtime menu pop-up

once the user selects a menu item the selected menu item is to be renamed with a checkmark in front of the name

another problem with this scenerio is that I cannot get the checkmark symbol to show up in the menu item array, I don't believe
a checkmark has an ascii value, and the menu name array seems to only accept ascii values.

Any help on this would be appreciated

Thanks
Tim C.
1:30 Seconds ARRRGHHH!!!! I want my popcorn NOW! Isn't there anything faster than a microwave!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,410 Views)
Greetings!

You cannot add a check box with a list box as the listbox only takes in text. Is there a specific reason you are trying to do this. I would recommend using a table instead of a list control for a run time menu control. You can modify the tables. I looked up a few resources and found the following link that will be very useful for you and you could use the VI.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=118418&requireLogin=False

Thanks and hope this helps.
Avi Harjani

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,400 Views)