LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory leaks while .NET communication, but is it dependent on PC?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to handle a Thorlabs motorized actuator by simple VI with a .NET container.

And I am in trouble to handle memory leakage even if I close all references that I used.

I tried to close all references that I've used, as you can see a screenshot of block diagram below.

Stage Move.png

I wrote this VI in LabVIEW 2019(64 bit) with saving for previous version(13.0), and copied the VI to another PC which LabVIEW 2013(32 bit) has been installed.

In a PC with LV 2013, the total consuming memory of LabVIEW increases by ~200MB, every time I call this VI.

However, I am confused because it was okay in another PC with LV 2019 - the memory increases by ~200MB, but when the running is finished, the memory went back to normal.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,987 Views)

Just a wild guess, but maybe different .NET versions?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,920 Views)

Thank you for your answer, but unfortunately it wasn't a clue.

I checked both PC's .NET framework versions and these are exactly same.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,906 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kakao31397

I rewrote my VI with APT programming(ActiveX communications), and the memory usages look fine for both computers.

Thank you all! 😀

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,863 Views)

Sorry I wasn't of more help.  😞

Glad you found a solution, though.  And thanks for marking your own post as the solution so other forum members can benefit from your experience!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,841 Views)