From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory leaks while .NET communication, but is it dependent on PC?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to handle a Thorlabs motorized actuator by simple VI with a .NET container.

And I am in trouble to handle memory leakage even if I close all references that I used.

I tried to close all references that I've used, as you can see a screenshot of block diagram below.

Stage Move.png

I wrote this VI in LabVIEW 2019(64 bit) with saving for previous version(13.0), and copied the VI to another PC which LabVIEW 2013(32 bit) has been installed.

In a PC with LV 2013, the total consuming memory of LabVIEW increases by ~200MB, every time I call this VI.

However, I am confused because it was okay in another PC with LV 2019 - the memory increases by ~200MB, but when the running is finished, the memory went back to normal.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,984 Views)

Just a wild guess, but maybe different .NET versions?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,917 Views)

Thank you for your answer, but unfortunately it wasn't a clue.

I checked both PC's .NET framework versions and these are exactly same.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,903 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kakao31397

I rewrote my VI with APT programming(ActiveX communications), and the memory usages look fine for both computers.

Thank you all! 😀

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,860 Views)

Sorry I wasn't of more help.  😞

Glad you found a solution, though.  And thanks for marking your own post as the solution so other forum members can benefit from your experience!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,838 Views)