LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Player ActiveX keeps resizing

Media Player 9 & 10

Labview 8.0

Every time I call URL function to play a video the activeX container resize to video size.

Can I get to to stop happening.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,793 Views)
Hi,

Can you post an example that shows what you are doing and where you are experiencing the problem?

Thanks!
Chris J
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,774 Views)

Here is a sample. I need to play divx and wmv files...

You need to have videos with different sizes to show you how the container resizes itself.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,766 Views)
Hi, I have the same problem, is there any "real" solution available? I helped myself by polling the container-size of the ActiveX-Control, but this results in an ugly flickering when changing the state of video- playback. I suppose, this is a bug in LabView, because I didn't find that behaviour when playing videos in an html.
David
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,703 Views)

Ok, I've worked on this for over an hour now and cannot figure it out. I swear Microsoft changes their activeX calls more than we change clothes!! My suggestion at this point would be to check with Microsoft's web site and see if you can get an object hierarchy for the new Media Player. From that point you should be able to see why it is resizing, and the object property you need to change in order to get this to stop from happening. I will be able to look at this some more when I get some free time and hopefully if no one finds the answer I will be able to track it down. LET the hunt begin!!!  If anyone does find the object property please post it so that we can get this issue solved. Thanks!!

Tyler H.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,687 Views)
Hi Tyler,
I must admit, I spent a lot more hours on it than you, but it didn't make me happier. What I found out, was a statement at the msdn- site about the comparison of the object models of Media Player 6.4 (where there was a property available called "autosize", that isn't any more available in MP) and later versions. That is the reason I think, that the guys at Austin, Texas just overlooked this new behaviour of MP. This doesn't mean, I want to downsize the great work of them.
Dave
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,653 Views)

Nobody find a solution?

I have the same problem here and it's a little bit annoying...

Thanx

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,570 Views)
Hello all,

Engineering is aware of this issue (# 3WKCR9S5) and it is currently under investigation.  However, we do not have a timeline on when future status updates will be made for this.

We appreciate your feedback!
Charlie S.

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,553 Views)
After starting this thread I tested the MP control in VB and found it to do the same thing. So this may not be a labview issue.

I have resorted to using Viscom's Movie Player Active X Control.
Very easy to use.
Lots of features.
It is $60, but free distribution.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,542 Views)

Hello,

I have the same problem with the size of the window, it depends of my video.

Is there a solution now? What can I do?

Thanks a lot

Fred

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,206 Views)