LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring time using trigger of Tektronix oscilloscope

For my experiment hardware setup, Ch1 of my Tektronix scope triggers on a falling edge and causes another signal, which is monitored on Ch2, to go from high-to-low. I want to use Labview to measure the time lapse between the instance Ch1 triggers and the instance when Ch2 goes high-to-low.

I do not see any Tektronix Labview VI (SEE ATTACHED FILE)  that enables to do this. As a last resort, I may consider importing the waveform data from the oscilloscope into Labview and perform mathematical analysis to determine the falling edge of Ch1 and Ch2 and find the time lapse between them... however, I am seraching for any easier way to do it.

Labview version: 2013

Oscilloscope model: Tektronix DPO 4054B

Please suggest some ideas if there is a smarter way to do this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,494 Views)

Use Configure Measurement.vi to set your measurement trigger levels.  Then use Configure Delay Measurement to set up the delay measurement you are trying to do.  Once the waveforms have been captured by the oscilloscope, use Read Waveform Measurement.vi to get the delay measurement.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,483 Views)

Hi crossrulz,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Please see the attached filed 'UseCase.png'. In simplest words, I want to record the time between the falling edges of CTRL0 and PSEN0 waveforms. I am unable to understand the functionality of the 'Configure Delay Trigger' (CDT) that could help me in this.

So in the CDT, suppose I configure to trigger the CTRL0 channel on falling edge. How can use the CDT to determine the falling edge of PSEN0? What feature in the CDT would measure the time in between the two triggers?

Also I am unclear about what the 'B Trigger After A' works (and if it is helpful in my purpose. I am very new to Labview ... a little explanation would be really hepful 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,462 Views)