LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring a temperature by thermocouple

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm a PhD student in energy mechanics field, I would like measure ambient temperature by using labview and NI-9213 DATA acquisition, everything is okay but when I hit run I alaways obtain weird results the amplitude statrs from 2200 over time instead of 23 or 24 °C 

Who can help me please? I'm really lost

waiting for your answers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(1,698 Views)

Please share the code you use to acquire the temperature data from NI 9213.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(1,664 Views)

How can you say that "everything is ok" if you get the wrong result??? 😮 

(The value of indicators in edit mode is completely irrelevant.)

There are millions of ways to get the wrong reading and dozens of ways to do it right. To narrow it down you need to show us your code and also explain how things are physically wired up.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(1,660 Views)

I meant that everything is well wired beacause i've already seen a video on youtube of how to measure a temperature using a k type thermocouple by a NI data acquisition

here is the code and the material that I use

Do you please have any idea on  the source of the problem ?

chakib77_2-1646558805511.png

1646558941956.jpg

1646558941966.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(1,625 Views)

Here is the main code because i've tried many orthers :

I am using a K type thermocouple look at the picture below

by the way the reference of the module is 9213 whereas the reference of the chasis is 9179 is that a problem ?

1646558941966.jpg

lab.PNG

1646558941956.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(1,622 Views)
  • Photographs of the diagram are NOT "code"!
  • In rare cases, we can tell from a photograph what's wrong, but typically not. Definitely not here!
  • Once the entire code is "baby LabVIEW" (all express VIs and dynamic data) we cannot tell anything because we don't know how the express VIs are configured or what kind of data is in the wire).
  • Does it work correctly in the test panels?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(1,599 Views)

No, it doesn't work correctly (as you can see the amplitude is up to 2000

tell me what do you need to know exactly? 

what's a code ? 

In my knowledge a VI is to build a project a kind of project using daqmax in the block diagram

(I didn't follow any type of course in labview it's all myself education)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(1,572 Views)

@chakib77 wrote:

We don't have nearly sufficient information to tell what you are doing wrong.

@chakib77 wrote:

what's a code ? 

That would be your file named "203.vi". Please attach it! (Note that I don't have any drivers installed and thus cannot look at the configuration of your express VIs but others might be able to help).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(1,567 Views)

@chakib77 wrote:

No, it doesn't work correctly (as you can see the amplitude is up to 2000

what's a code ? 

In my knowledge a VI is to build a project a kind of project using daqmax in the block diagram

(I didn't follow any type of course in labview it's all myself education)

@altenbach did not ask you if your program worked correctly. He asked if the data acquisition worked correctly in the Test Panels (these are in NI-MAX, not LabVIEW). Furthermore I cannot see that the amplitude of any values is up to 2000 in anything that you sent. I see a picture of a blank waveform chart with amplitude from 150 to 2500, but that doesn't tell me anything. I would recommend that you at the very least take a look at https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/06/learn-10-functions-in-ni-daqmx-and-ha.... It would be beneficial to also review some of the training material at the top of this forum.

As altenbach has said your code is your vi. If it's in a project then include the entire project. A picture of a vi is virtually useless in most cases (and especially in your case).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(1,546 Views)

You're not helping me here .. anyway thanks for reading me 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(1,526 Views)