LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring Voltage for a Specific Command

I am using System Exec VI to launch CMD, which is able to measure the voltage and executing several commands at the same time. Currently I only want to get the voltage waveform for executing the last command from these several commands. However, the commands before the last command are supposed to set the environment for it. That is to say, I cannot run this last command only.

Could you please help me to figure out a way to measure the voltage for executing this last command only?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,873 Views)

Why do you need to run only the last command?

When you say CMD, are your referring to the command prompt window?

Are you executing commands to measure voltage in the command prompt window?

Can you post your code so we can get some more clarity about the problem?

Aaron Douglass
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,804 Views)

Yes. The CMD refers to the command prompt window. Currently I can get the entire voltage waveform during executing the following commands:

connect arm hw
source ps7_init.tcl
ps7_init
fpga -f design.bit
ps7_post_config
dow fsbl.elf
con
stop
rst

Now I just want to get the voltage waveform after executing "dow fsbl.elf" command. Could you give me some suggestions on how to deal with it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,799 Views)

The commands that I mentioned are able to connect to a FPGA board, load the bitstream to the board, and run the binary file. Currenly I only want to get the voltage waveform for running the binary file part.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,798 Views)

We need to see your LabVIEW code AND the data you are getting back.  There is no way we can guess how to parse this data without having that information.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,786 Views)

The attached file is what I measure for executing XMD commands on Windows prompt. At the same time, the NI device connects to the external board.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,768 Views)