LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement & Automation Explorer cannot open Imperx Cameralink Framegrabber

Ok I tried linking to the win32 VCECLB.lib instead of the x64 one, and the LabVIEW Sample VI works now.

However, FrameLink Express 34 framegrabber card is still not recognized by MAX.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,990 Views)

Low, 

If you haven't already, consult the device's manual to see if there are any extra steps that you may have missed from Imperx. Then check to see if the framegrabber appears in your Windows Device Manager, and if it does, try to update the Firmware on the card from the Device Manager. Also, try changing the framegrabber to a different slot inside of your computer, or try another computer altogether if possible to identify if the computer or framegrabber is at fault. 

I would also suggest that you contact Imperx Technical Support <support@imperx.com> as noted above in this forum.

Huntington W
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

***Don't forget to give Kudos and Accepted as Solution where it is deserved***
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,979 Views)

@The_Hunt wrote:

Low, 

If you haven't already, consult the device's manual to see if there are any extra steps that you may have missed from Imperx. Then check to see if the framegrabber appears in your Windows Device Manager, and if it does, try to update the Firmware on the card from the Device Manager. Also, try changing the framegrabber to a different slot inside of your computer, or try another computer altogether if possible to identify if the computer or framegrabber is at fault. 

I would also suggest that you contact Imperx Technical Support <support@imperx.com> as noted above in this forum.

Hi,

- I have checked Imperx's manual and they did not have any instructions on how to run their Framegrabber with LabVIEW. 

- Yes it appears in Device Manager. In fact I have no problems running a camera through Imperx's own software. Will try updating the Firmware.

- Unfortunately I'm using the ExpressCard slot on my laptop so no swapping of slots.

- Have already contacted Imperx technical support.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,965 Views)

A. Low:

As I see, the National Instruments do not allow any 3rd party vendors to be presented to NI MAX , so our framegrabber will never appear there.

(The_Hunt: Could you confirm it and point to some kind of documentation or contact me, if there is any ability to allow 3rd party hardware to appear in the list that will allow 3rd party grabbers to appear in one common list, accessible by one common set of functions? By the way, I haven't found, do you already have or have plans to support the GenTL producers via IMAQ VIs?)

Oh, I just dig this exact topic again and found the documentation already mentioned by The_Hunt. I'll repeat the link once again:

Can I Use My Third-Party Frame Grabber with the IMAQ VIs?

Instead there is a new palette named FrameLink Express (Or something like this) should appear under the Instrumentation Library palette (sorry, it was long time I've seen the LabVIEW last time, so I don't remember the palette names). You should use blocks from this palette to use the FrameLink Express framegrabber. There are also some sample VIs that shows the order of block usage.

-- 

Cyril Margorin

Imperx Software Team

Cyril Margorin
Imperx Software Team
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,937 Views)

@CoMargo wrote:

A. Low:

As I see, the National Instruments do not allow any 3rd party vendors to be presented to NI MAX , so our framegrabber will never appear there.

(The_Hunt: Could you confirm it and point to some kind of documentation or contact me, if there is any ability to allow 3rd party hardware to appear in the list that will allow 3rd party grabbers to appear in one common list, accessible by one common set of functions? By the way, I haven't found, do you already have or have plans to support the GenTL producers?)

Instead there is a new palette named FrameLink Express (Or something like this) should appear under the Instrumentation Library palette (sorry, it was long time I've seen the LabVIEW last time, so I don't remember the palette names). You should use blocks from this palette to use the FrameLink Express framegrabber. There are also some sample VIs that shows the order of block usage.

-- 

Cyril Margorin

Imperx Software Team

Hi Cyril Margorin,

I tried loading the VI inside LabVIEW, but met with some errors (see attached files).

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,929 Views)

A Low:

They are not errors but just normal relocation warnings.

Since your paths are not the same as mine paths, when I generated this exact lvlib file the VCECLB.dll was in C:\Program Files (x86)\ImperX\FrameLink Express\VCECLB.dll because I had only 32bit version installed. Really that time we had separated 32 and 64 bit version installer, and the DLL was placed under that path. Now since we combined the installer, the path has changed. Also if you prefer to install the application to some kind "D:\My Installed Software\" path, neither me nor National Instruments will now it, and will have to re-locate the VCECLB.dll.

The same thing for others.

Probably if you copy the VCECLB.lvlib files (and any accompanying files to user.lib folder, instead of instr.lib, big set of relocation warning will vanish). It looks like my fault. Don't beat me, but just save the files, and next time these warnings will vanish.

\My

Cyril Margorin
Imperx Software Team
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,924 Views)

Hi Cyril Margorin,

There is no detailed help information on the VCECLB VIs inside LabVIEW. Does ImperX have any documentation provided to end users? I am having difficulty understanding the function of each VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,892 Views)

A.Low

Since every vi in this library is just warped DLL function call, you can see the SDK Reference Manual, installed with the FrameLink Express application ( "C:\Program Files\Imperx\FrameLink Express\SDK\Doc\FrameLink Express SDK Help Manual.chm" )

Also you can use the sample VIs as reference implementation. If you have any question, please send it to support@imperx.com and we will answer you. I monitor this thread not very often, and it is possible that I'll miss message here.

Cyril Margorin
Imperx Software Team
Message 18 of 18
(1,878 Views)