LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement & Automation Explorer cannot open Imperx Cameralink Framegrabber

Hello,

I am trying to view a camera connected to an Imperx VCE-CLEX01 cameralink framegrabber. When I open up MAX, the framegrabber appears under IMAQdx devices, but when I click it, I get Error 0xBFFF800B, "The session for your device could not be configured."

I have installed the Imperx software and drivers, which states it includes a labview driver. I checked the C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data folder and there is an ICD file from Imperx located there as there should be. I can grab images just fine using the imperx software, so I am confident in ruling out a hardware issue.

I am running Labview 2011 on Windows 7 32bit

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(5,305 Views)

Hello,

We havn't found any options to make the FrameGrabber included into the IMAQdx list. To use Imperx FrameLink Express framegrabber you should take LabVIEW modules from the folder "C:\Program Files\Imperx\FrameLink Express\Drivers\LabView" - this modules are just wrappers around the FrameLink Express SDK library.

Also you can find a LabVIEW samples there.

For more information please contact the Imperx Technical Support <support@imperx.com>.

-- 

Cyril Margorin

Imperx Software Team

Cyril Margorin
Imperx Software Team
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(5,292 Views)

I'm working on talking to the sane framegrabber. We don't have the NI vision. For our application, we don't really need to have the preview images. All we need to do is to snap. Can this be done with ActiveX?

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(5,158 Views)

Hello Joseph, 

You will still need to acquire the images in LabVIEW whether or not they need to be viewed. And in order to do so, you will need to successfully interface your Imperx Framegrabber with LabVIEW.

As already mentioned in the previous posts, Imperx provides drivers that allow for this interface. If you do not already have access to these files, then I would suggest contacting Imperx in order to obtain them. 

If you would like any additional information on how this 3rd party framegrabber will interface with LabVIEW, please refer to this KnowledgeBase article. 

Huntington W
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

***Don't forget to give Kudos and Accepted as Solution where it is deserved***
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(5,148 Views)

I downloaded the SDK and everything is working now.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(5,140 Views)

Joseph.

What do you mean saying 'we don't need to have the preview images. All we need to do is snap.'? What is a 'snap' in your case?

Cyril Margorin
Imperx Software Team
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(5,130 Views)

Nice to hear it. In case of any problems with Imperx Framegrabber don't hesitate to contact the Imperx Support Team (support@imperx.com)

Cyril Margorin
Imperx Software Team
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(5,125 Views)

Hi, I'm facing the same problem. I have the ImperX drivers in the ImperX folder.

How do I interface them with LabView? Do I copy the files into a specific folder in LabView?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(5,064 Views)

Hello Low, 

Yes, the ImperX drivers along with any other third party instruments drivers need to be installed in to the the instr.lib directory for your particular LabVIEW version. Here is an article that describes how to locate this file and how to install them. 

Huntington W
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

***Don't forget to give Kudos and Accepted as Solution where it is deserved***
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(5,050 Views)

Hi Huntington, thanks for the tip. 

I have copied the ImperX LabView drivers from "C:\Program Files\Imperx\Framelink Express\Drivers" into "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\instr.lib", and renemed the folder to "ImperX", and when I tried to run Imperx's Framelink Express Snap Sample.vi, it asks for the VCECLB.dll which i pointed to the one in "C:\Program Files\Imperx\Framelink Express\Application\x64\VCECLB.dll".

However after the example loads, there was a pop up reporting 13 warnings:

- Dependency loaded from new parts (13 warnings affecting 13 callers)

What does this mean?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(5,019 Views)