From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Porgramm with labview for S-Parameter

Good Morning,

at the moment I have to create a program for the measurment of S-Parameter with Labview. My Hardware is an Networkanalyzer ZNB8 from Rohde & Schwarz and the HMP 2020 Power supply.

My Problem is the measurement VI, it delievers the Real and Imaginary Date of a trace but i get the wrong numbers they are very small for amplitude and phase. Iam looking for another Solution but can not find anything.

The rest of the Program is not finished.

Thank for your Support

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,608 Views)

Are you sure the instrument is setup to return Re + Im?  Perhaps its already Mag + Phase.  I haven't used this instrument but you should check what the default data format is if you use the INIT vi and reset it. Perhaps look into explicitly setting the data format as you expect.  Then check if you measured data on screen matches your transfered data.

Also should you be converting it into dB? (10*logX)

Can you save the VI with example data?  Collect a trace, go to Edit menu and select Make current value default, then save and repost the vi with data.  Perhaps a screen shot with a marker at one frequency showing your instrument screen.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,542 Views)