LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure with Keithley 2000 over RS232

This is starting to look more like a customer service issue than a LabVIEW forum topic.
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 56
(4,287 Views)
i did this, there is the same problem as in my program. the read function does not work, i always get an error...
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 56
(4,284 Views)

Maybe it's time to recommend Portmon.

Run this program, then run whatever program you are using that you say works for you.  Look at the information it provides.  It should tell you what settings you are using and what data is flowing back and forth.

Try to make LabVIEW do the same thing.  Run your LabVIEW program with portmon running to get a log of the activity there.

Perhaps comparing the two will show you what's not working write with your LabVIEW program.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 56
(4,258 Views)

Hi!

Have you tried a simple terminal program to communicate with the Keithly?  I saw that someone suggested it a few pages back, but I never saw a post confirming that it works for you in hyperterminal or something like that.

Also, have you tried the Keithly 2000 drivers provided by the manufacturer?  I found some by going to Help->Find Instrument Drivers.

I use the Keithly 2100 drivers over USB and they work great.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 56
(4,246 Views)

i worked with portmon, pretty cool program. Problem is still the read function, everytime when it starts i get an timeout error.

whats weird is, the first time i start the program (after an reboot of the computer) it works, and the second time same problem, maybe there is so much trash on the rs232 that nothing works further more, how can i clear the port? what could be another reason?

(i worked with an terminal, there it works perfectly....the drivers from keithley dont work, same error)

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 56
(4,224 Views)

i did it another way.

i was writing an terminal programm in c, and imported the dll (call library function node).....now its brilliant working

anyway i wanna thank all who helped me...

best greetings

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 56
(4,157 Views)

Hi, I try to use a Keithley 2000 DMM with a USB serial cable.

I got exactly the same issue as Raz22 (error with the readings). Everything is fine with the writing (setting the instrument in VDC or AAC or ... is working) but as soon as I perform a VISA read -> it goes in error timeout!

The behavior is correct in hyperterminal and with another PC in direct serial RS-232 mode. So the issue is really with LabVIEW VISA

Would it be possible to reuse your dll wrtitten in C?

Thanks for you help.  

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 56
(4,086 Views)

Hi, I try to use a Keithley 2000 DMM with a USB serial cable.

I got exactly the same issue as Raz22 (error with the readings). Everything is fine with the writing (setting the instrument in VDC or AAC or ... is working) but as soon as I perform a VISA read -> it goes in error timeout!

The behavior is correct in hyperterminal and with another PC in direct serial RS-232 mode. So the issue is really with LabVIEW VISA

Would it be possible to reuse your dll wrtitten in C?

Thanks for you help.  

DQN
(480) 250-2545
david.nguyen@arizona.edu
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 56
(3,848 Views)

Same message, different username, 5 months apart.

?????

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 56
(3,821 Views)

Hello Ravens Fans and all,

I got the same issue when try to communicate with Keithley 2000I am currently using LV7.1with VISA 4.6.2. The error code I got is -1073807339 ( VISA read in ke200 Error Query . vi->Ke2000 Data Read Single. vi->ke2000 User VI.vi). Does any one know how to troubleshoot this. I'm really appreciated 

DQN
(480) 250-2545
david.nguyen@arizona.edu
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 56
(3,791 Views)