From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure voltage and temperature simultaneously with one PCI 6014 DAQ board??

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys,

I am trying to make a charger measuring battery voltage, charging current and temperature of battery using one 6014 board..

I want to use my PCI6014 DAQ board to measure 2 channels of analog voltage input and 1 channel of Analog temperature input using K type thermocouple. Measuring voltage or temperature alone is OK but I cannot figure out how to measure voltage and temperature simultaneously.... I want to use differential input..

Thanks for any advice in advance,

ysl

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,421 Views)

Hi,

With the 6014 device you can not really acquire simultaneous since it is using a multiplexer to switch the several channels to the ADC. So will have a slightly timshift from one channel to another of a few microseconds - called AI Convert Clock. This is ok for most of the applications.

To sample more then one channel simply create one Task which contains all the channels. You can use something like "dev1/ai0:3" to sample the first three channels. Use the terminal configuration input to specify the differential mode.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,412 Views)

Thanks Christian,

I understand that there's time shift due to Multiplexing. This seems quite OK for me. I still have questions how to measure 2 analog voltage input and one K type thermocouple input using one PCI 6014 board. 

1) With "dev1/ai0:3", I am able to measure 4 channels of Voltage input. No problem.

2) I tried one channel temperature input using K type thermocuple directly attached to differential ai0 input. It worked.

3) I want to do 1) and 2) with one 6014 board.. How??  With "dev1/ai0:2", how can I configure channel 0/1 for Analog voltage input and channel 2 for Analog temperature input??

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,401 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 20soo

Create a Task and add the channels to the Task, as follows:

test.png

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,396 Views)

Wow,

It looks great!! Even I did not test it yet, but your suggestion opens a new horizon to me!!

I really appreciate very mcuh for your answer to my question..

Cheers,

ysl

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,386 Views)