LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure frecuency in LabView

Hello, I am measuring the frecuency of a TTL in Labview 7.1 whit a PCI-6070E.  I would like to know the most accurate method for this measure in Labview and if there is another software platform (like Labwindows..) where I could do this measure with most accuracy than Labview.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,347 Views)

The 6070 has 2 counter/timer channels. Use these to measure frequency. Base clock accuracy is 0.01%, it is the hardware that will limit your accuracy, not the software typically (unless your code does not time/count over enough samples). For software starters, under Help, Search for Examples, search on frequency.

You did not mention frequencies, duty cycles, rise/fall times of your signal you wish to measure, these parameters may also affect your accuracy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 2 of 5
(2,338 Views)
Thanks for reply!!
What I am measuring is one TTL signal from one encoder.  This encoder give us one shoot for revolution.  If we know this frecuency and multiply it by 60 we have the rpm of the engine.  The problem is that one difference of 0.02 Hz * 60  is 1.2 rpm of accuracy.
Thank you.
Goodbye.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,320 Views)

To improve your accuracy/repeatability you would need more encoder pulses per revolution.

You have to make it Hertz more.wink smiley

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 4 of 5
(2,313 Views)
Thank you!!
Sometimes, I can use a 360 pulses per revolution enconder.
I am going to make the tests with this encoder. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,305 Views)