LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure amplitude continuously

Hi,

I am acquiring a sine wave, square, triangle wave with different frequencies and amplitudes directly into labview showing the result in a waveform chart continuously.

The thing is that i Want to display an indicator that shows the frequency and amplitude of the given waveform.

I have searched for point by point VIs, but there are no point by point VIs that measure amplitude or frequency of a signal.

How can i solve this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,809 Views)

Dear Willelas,

What acquisition device are you using to acquire the signals? Are you acquiring continous samples of the signals? Have you put the "READ" function inside the while loop or not?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,792 Views)
Hi,

I am using the Single Board RIO evaluation kit from which i use the signal generator to Put the signal on analog input 0.

So i am using the read function inside a while loop to get AI0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,780 Views)

The signal you are acquiring through the analog input is instantaneous i.e.. you can't really connect a graph directly and expect a sine waveform. The first thing you have to do is acquire sufficient samples by using For Loop and indexing through each loop. In this way the values will be stored in a memory until the For Loop ends and then will give you a nice Sine wave on the graph indicator. 
Or alternately you could use shift registers and build an array to create a waveform. Then use "Extract Tone" function from Signal Processing palette and to get frequencies and amplitudes. 

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,761 Views)

Hi Willelas,

Just as NapDynamite said, you can use the Extract Single Tone Information VI from the Signal Processing palette. I have attached a simple example of how to extract the amplitude and frequency of a generated sine wave. You should be able to open it with LabVIEW 2011 or later.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,743 Views)