LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure Pulse Width and Period Statistics

Hello,

I'm trying to solve what should be a very simple problem. I would like to measure common characteristics of a binary analog voltage input, pulse width and period. The canned pulse width/duty cycle/period VIs and express VIs use a histogram or peak to peak method on a set buffer size of data and produce one output. I would like to measure these signal characteristics over a long period of time and collect statistics on pulse width and period data (max, min, median, mean, standard deviation, etc.) to indirectly measure the eccentricity of a system. Although I am relatively inexperienced in LabView scraping off a considerable bit of rust, I did not think this task would present a challenge, but I have been stumbling around for a couple of days trying to create an array of output parameters such as pulse width so that I may calculate the statistics on all measurements.

If anyone can step me through some of the thought process to a solution or show me how to format data collection so that this can be done, I would very much appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Evan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,166 Views)