From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I do a installer in Labview Evaluation Mode?

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi all..!! i have recently installed Labview 8.2 and I need to create an installer but I am not sure if I can do that in evaluation Mode...my dude is if after 30 days i will be available to still using my installer...thanx in advance for all replies...!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,869 Views)

your dude is after 30 days?  What does that mean?

I think you can't make an installer with the eval copy.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,841 Views)
Actually, you can make an installer with the eval version. The app will still display the "Evaluation" watermark, but once you have the application I don't think you would run into the 30-day limit since the Runtime Engine is used to actually run the app, and not the LabVIEW development environment, and the LV runtime doesn't have the activation requirement.
Message 3 of 7
(2,835 Views)

I defer to smerc's vast wisdom.  🙂

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,827 Views)
thank u guys for your reply..!!! i could to registrer my labview version whit NI code..so i will try to make the installer again and i think it will not fail in the future...anyway i think that smercurio is right however the watermark is really irritating
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,784 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sapingo
Sapingo,

Check out this KnowledgeBase. It shows the limitations of the Evaluation Versions of LabVIEW.
Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
Message 6 of 7
(2,779 Views)
thanks Jon..!! that was really usefull..!!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,765 Views)