cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxon Serial V2 Protocol - Failed Reading Data 0x34000007

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I execute my program trying to communicate with two EPOS2 24/5, the nodeId = 1 communication is normal and it is working normally, but with the nodeId = 2 I receive this error is attached bellow.

I tried with the Example_demo.vi but it is not working with ID = 2.

The program to initialize the motors is inside a function using labview of 32bit wiht EPOS2 dll of 32bits as well. if I execute the EPOS studio previously, and execute my program after the error does not appear.

I tried to find the error everywhere in internet and I could not find it. Someone could help me? how I can to resolve?

All help will be really appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Error.JPG  Funtion.JPG program1.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,827 Views)

Hi David.  We just finished up a small project controlling 4 Maxon motors using EPOS2 controllers.  We ran into the same error you are describing (and many more!).  Eventually we worked out the attached code to initialize the controllers and control the motors.  Start with motor_ae Folder\Users\mrw\Documents\projects\machine_demo\maxon\motor_ae.vi.  That is the .vi we use to control the motors.  Within there, open_axis.vi -> init_ctrlr.vi to see how we initialized the controller.  This project was a favor for a friend, so I can share code 🙂

Are you able to move both motors with the EPOS studio?  That will at least confirm that your CAN is wired properly.

Hope that helps.

Matt

Message 2 of 7
(4,788 Views)

Thanks a lot for your help I really appreciate it, but your version is 14 and mine is 11 I can't open it. Smiley Frustrated

I will see what I can do.

And yes! I can move with maxon studio with no problems.

Thank you very much! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,764 Views)

@david.vera wrote:

And yes! I can move with maxon studio with no problems.

Thank you very much!

In EPOS Studio, open Tools -> Object Dictionary. Make sure the Active Object Filter is set to All Object and check what is the Node Id Value (index 0x200) of the EPOS controller that generate the error. If it's not set to 2, right-click it, select write value, set it to 2, press ok and save the project.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,749 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author david.vera

LV 11 version.  Sorry I can't open it in 11 to test.

Matt

Message 5 of 7
(4,733 Views)

Thanks a lot!! really useful! I adapted to my code and it is working perfectly! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,703 Views)

Glad to hear.  Good luck with the rest of your project.

Matt

Message 7 of 7
(4,670 Views)