From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum two channel sample rate on a NI6251

I have defined a task in MAX that includes two channels.  The specifications for the NI6251 states that a sample rate for multiple channels of 1M/s is possible.  However, when I test the task at 1M/s in MAX, I get an error that tells me to reduce the sample rate:

---------------------
Error -200019 occurred at Sensor01 - DAQ Assistant
Possible Reason(s):
ADC conversion attempted before the prior conversion was complete.
Increase the period between ADC conversions. If you are using an external clock, check your signal for the presence of noise or glitches.
-----------------------

A sample rate of 600k/s gives the following warning:

----------------------------
Warning 200011 occurred at DAQ Assistant

Possible Reason(s):

Clock rate specified is so high that it violates the settling time requirements for the acquisition.

Reduce the clock rate, or the accuracy of the measurement might be compromised.
------------------------------

Why cannot I run scan two channels at the maximum specified sample rate?  What am I missing?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,466 Views)
For this particular card, it can sample a bit faster for a single channel, being 1.25 MS/s for a single channel, but only 1 MS/s multi-channel.  The multi-channel sample rate then has to be divided by the number of channels being scanner.  For example, sampling two channels, you can sample up to 500kS/s, but on four channels you would only be able to sample at 250kS/s, and with all 16 channels you could only sample at 62.5 kS/s.

So for you scenario, keep it at 500kS or lower and you should be fine.

-tuba
Message 2 of 3
(2,460 Views)
Thanks, this is just the information I needed.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,451 Views)