LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum time exceeded before the operation completed - Error 1074118637

Dear Forum,

I have been using an already-written labview ni for my experiment. Everything was running fine until today I got the following error:

"Error- 1074118637 occurred at niFgen Wait Until Done.vi

Possible reason(s):

Maximum time exceeded before the operation completed"

I am trying to output the waveform using AWG / niFgen. The sample rate is set to minimum 5.4MS/s

I have read the similar case (https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LabSAE&l=en-US) I didn't quite understand timeout, is that the same as MaxTime(ms) in niFgen.vi?  if that is true then it seems my size/sample rate is less than timeout.

I had this error before, but after hitting continue and restarting labview everything would be fine. This time it keeps giving the error even when i totally restart the system.  Any idea how to fix it?

Screenshots of niFgen and error are attached

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,515 Views)

Dear Forum,

I have been using an already-written labview vi for my experiment. I am trying to output the waveform using AWG / niFgen. I got the following error

"Error- 1074118637 occurred at niFgen Wait Until Done.viPossible reason(s):Maximum time exceeded before the operation completed"

Previously, I had this error before but by closing labview the problem would be solved.

I have read the similar case (https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LabSAE&l=en-US) I didn't quite understand timeout, is that the same as MaxTime(ms) in niFgen.vi?

if that is true then it seems my size/sample rate is less than timeout (The sample rate is set to minimum 5.4MS/s and sample size is 722944).

Any idea how to fix it?

Screenshots of niFgen and error are attached

Thank you in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,521 Views)

Hello,

For the niFgen Wait Until Done VI, MaxTime(ms) specifies the timeout value in milliseconds. You mentioned using an already written VI, is it one of the examples created by NI? If so, which example are you using and have you modified it at all?

Marina B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,407 Views)

Yes, I think it called "wait until done.vi" it is found on NiFgen library...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,402 Views)