LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max shows unknown under Actual IP address

Using MAX Devices and Interfaces, Network Devices, I have a device connected, I can ping it manually from Start run window. Under Network Devices Hostname or IP Address shows the proper IP address of the test equipment. But under Actual IP address it says unknown.

Test equipment is an Aeroflex 3920 and LabVIEW 2009.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,901 Views)

My question is this, how do I enter or edit the greyed out box to put the IP address in there. It also does not let me validate since the IP address is undefined.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,894 Views)

Hello,

MAX will typically not show 3rd party devices. It is designed for devices with NI devices which it does not appears this device is. It sounds you are conneted to the device since you ping it.

Regards,

Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,877 Views)

Actually, this is for a co-working who is having this problem with the same equipment as I have. I am actually communicating without any problems. I have tried to duplicate my set up on her computer as well as I can but she is getting the IP address portion greyed out where mine shows the IP address and is working properly. We duplicated everything we could think of to be as close to my setup.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,866 Views)

Is her machine set up the same as far as network addresses, etc. She on the same sub-net, etc.? As far as the post about MAX being for NI instruments, that is generally true, as far as plug in DAQ, etc., but when you are trying to set upVISA TCP/IP resources and similar you definitely can configure them in MAX. Can you post a screen shot of the MAX screens (".png" format please!), ideally of both working and non-working instances.

N4KSS, Mark?   WA2UPA

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,861 Views)

Mark here.

I'm unable to ping my 3920 now.

I'm unsure why. I made too many changes to the system and not sure where it stopped.

It isn't a MAX issue though. It is IP related. MAX can see all my other equipment but my Aeroflex 3920.

The 3920's format is TCPIPO::XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX::1234::SOCKET"3920" all my other equipment has been simple to set up.

It might have something to do with it being a socket. I don't know. I am pretty sure it on the eithernet side since I can't even ping it now.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,722 Views)

It sounds like there could be any of a number of things wrong.  There are some useful things in this KnowldgeBase article, even though your instrument isn't the exact same kind:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/abe4bc247e8ac9bc8625734e005cab42?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,699 Views)