LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix 34980A

Hello 

I need help with Matrix 34980A

I want to switch between different ports of the matrix. I have 4 in channels and 4 out channel and need to switch between them like this:

1. 1 in and 2 in should go to 1 out and 2 out  

2. 2 in to 1 out and 1 in to 2 out

I can't find any vi that can help me to do this. 

(I download the driver for 34980A. )

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,293 Views)

Hello 

I need help with Matrix 34980A

I want to switch between different ports of the matrix. I have 4 in channels and 4 out channel and need to switch between them like this:

1. 1 in and 2 in should go to 1 out and 2 out  

2. 2 in to 1 out and 1 in to 2 out

I can't find any vi that can help me to do this. 

(I download the driver for 34980A. )

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,294 Views)

Well... It's a little more complicated than selecting input-1 goes to output-4

You need to know exactly what switches in the matrix you are switching to route your signal.

Read the 34980A programming manual and you will see that a matrix module uses the same SCPI commands as an actuator module, therefore you can use the same VI's.

SWCapture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,268 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your answer

There is no possibility not to use codding for this and just to work with regular vi?

I never tried to program with SCPI language and I have no idea which part of 3640 pages I should to read and understand for this

Thank you again

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,245 Views)

@Mariadu wrote:

Hi

There is no possibility not to use codding for this and just to work with regular vi?

I never tried to program with SCPI language and I have no idea which part of 3640 pages I should to read and understand for this

Thank you again

No I said, the Matrix modules use the same SCPI commands as actuator modules, therefore Matrix modules use the same LabVIEW VI's as Multiplexer modules. It is just more complicated than selecting input-(X) goes to output-(Y). 

A matrix module is a matrix of switches, you need to determine what switches you need to close to route your signal from input-(X) to output-(Y) for every possible case you have.

Then you can make you own set of VI's using the switch.vi and a Type Def enum input that allows you to easily select or deselect predetermined signal routes through the matrix.   

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,233 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

@Mariadu wrote:

Hi

Thank you again

No I said, the Matrix modules use the same SCPI commands as actuator modules, therefore Matrix modules use the same LabVIEW VI's as Multiplexer modules. It is just more complicated than selecting input-(X) goes to output-(Y). 

A matrix module is a matrix of switches, you need to determine what switches you need to close to route your signal from input-(X) to output-(Y) for every possible case you have.

Then you can make you own set of VI's using the switch.vi and a Type Def enum input that allows you to easily select or deselect predetermined signal routes through the matrix.   

OOPS I made an error above:

I said, the Matrix modules use the same SCPI commands as actuator modules, therefore Matrix modules use the same LabVIEW VI's as Actuator modules. (AG34980A Switch.vi)  It is just more complicated than selecting input-(X) goes to output-(Y). 

A matrix module is a matrix of switches, you need to determine what switches you need to open or close to route your signal from input-(X) to output-(Y) for every possible case you have.

Then you can make you own set of VI's using the AG34980A Switch.vi and a Type Def enum input that allows you to easily select or deselect predetermined signal routes through the matrix. 

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,226 Views)