From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab dll

Hi,

I wish to use a Matlab dll with LabView.  However, it doesn't seems to work properly.

As a test, I'm using a compiled function where b=a+1.  Eventually, I'll use a more elaborate function...that was only for testing.

I'm using the "Call Library Funciton" of LabView to read the function.  The name function appear in the configuration menu, however the output value always stay at 0.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,980 Views)

I'd recommend verifying that the parameters for the function prototype have been properly set, and that the correct calling convention has been selected.  Outside of that, for a function that takes in a single numeric as an argument and returns another numeric, there isn't much else that should be hindering it from working properly.

For good measure, attached you'll find a small VI that uses kernel32.dll to pull the computer's name, and concatenate it with some foolishness.

Matthew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,949 Views)