LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match pattern 4 in consumer producer loop

I currently have a consumer producer loop, and what I want to do is to add an element to queue if the element (picture), has a specific pattern (license plate). After that, I want to pass the image to the consumer loop, so I can use the vision assistant with it.

Can someone please help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,235 Views)

What help do you need?  Where are you having problems?

One thing to watch out for that is peculiar to Vision.  The purple wire is actually a reference to an image rather than the image itself.  So you can pass a reference to an image in one iteration, but it could wind up being overwritten with the next iteration of the producer loop.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,231 Views)

what I want to know is how to use the pattern match 4, and how to fix this consumer producer loop, because I can't see any image in both of the screens.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,226 Views)

Hello  there;

I was checking your code...

The first issue you are going to encounter is going to be the data transmission... as mentioned above, you are passing the refference to a memory location where an image resides (not the actual image) and you are re-writting on the same location over and over again, therefore even if you have 5 images in queue they are all going to point to the same exact place.

Third, when using the database connectivity toolkit you should connect to a .udl (ODBC database) or a .dsn  (OLE DB) that configures the access to the database, if you use a string, you will get an error.

Before using the OCR algorithms I would recommend to set a refference or coordinate system; you can set it by identifing a refference or coordinate system. I am guessing this is where you want to use the match pattern VI; although I would recommendthe imaq match geometric pattern instead to locate the rectangle of the license plate; remember you need to train it first

You can find an example here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-30576

Hope this info helps

Greetings

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,152 Views)