LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markervals in LabVIEW 8.2

Hello,

I have been trying to programmatically change Xscale.MarkerVals in LabVIEW 8.2. It appears the xscale.offset and xscale.multiplier are not being taken into account. I have attached a simple example. Essentially, the example has a changing xscale.offset (<0) and in order to put a marker at 0 I have to place the marker at (-xscale.offset/xscale.multiplier). As shown in the example the marker remains at 0 but the returned marker value is the xscale index which corresponds to x=0.

Bug or Feature?

Thanks for the help,
TroyR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,307 Views)
Hello TroyR,

I can see what you are talking about and I think this is a feature! (Actually I believe it is just the way that it works). From the detailed help for the Marker Values [] property, you can see that "this property applies only to the active X-scale." The active scale that is set does not change even when a multiplier is applied to the x-axis.

I have included an example that shows the way that this works. Essentially this example makes use of a graph with a scale from 0 to 100. I have placed a marker at 50. You can see that when you multiply the scale by 2, that the marker value is also multiplied by 2. Thus the new range will be 0 to 200 with a marker at 100. I hope this makes clear how the marker works. Please post back if I have misunderstood your concern. Thanks!

Mike D.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,289 Views)