Hello

I am writing because of you...

RTSLVU
wiebe@CARYA
altenbach
Dobrinov
GerdW
crossrulz

I was able to build my own program. Without yours support, it took me much more time. Along the way, I encountered problems that in the end I was able to solved. So once again thanks a lot!

From my site I would like to support beginners like me and share the results of my work. I hope some of you will find solutions siuts for you.

1. Software is used to test and find the highest temperature limitation at which the driver becomes defect. Meanwhile need to record data along with this testing.

1.png

2. Used Equipment:
- Power Analyzer > Yokogawa WT2030
- Supply Unit > IT7324H 1500VA
- Relay Module > Advantech ADAM-4068
- USB to RS485 Converter > Waveshare Industrial Converter USB/RS485
- USB to GPIB Converter > Agilent Technologies 82357A

3. How it works?

Program reads .txt file with steps. Each line contains function. Functions are made up of two elements separated by "_". The first element calls the function.The argument that goes to the function is after the "_" character. All steps are placed in case structure. You can add more function just adding next case and put code there, so it is flexible and easy to modify.

Function list:

wait_3

// Wait 3 secounds.

meterCh1, meterCh3

// Measure values. Function with no argument.

ovenRead_010000101C00000000001@

// Reads current temperature.

ovenSet_010000102C1000300000100000190I

// Sets desire temprature.

relays_#010001

// Sets relays using full 8bit word.

supplyOn_SYST:REM

// Sets supply unit into remote control.

supplyOn_VOLT:IMM 110

// Sets supply to 110V.

supplyOn_FREQ:IMM 70

// Sets supply to 70Hz.

supplyOn_OUTP:STAT ON

// Output is active.

supplyOff

// Output is disable.

If possible give me some advice how to arrange error indicators in Other Tab. I do not have an ide how to manage this.

Best regards

Dawid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(804 Views)

Here's a few things that jumped out at me as soon as I opened your Main Program block diagram...

1) How do you expect this to work when your Event Structure is not inside the While Loop?

w1Capture.PNG

2) Don't use "Bytes at Port"!

W2Capture.PNG

I recommend this video: VIWeek 2020/Proper way to communicate over serial

3) What does this loop do? (Besides release the Queue if there is an error?)

w3Capture.PNG

There are much better ways of doing this.

4) Configure Serial Port being outside the Loop is not the best way as if your setup changes from the saved defaults, the program will abort when you start it (or at least try to) and you will have to try to restart it after any changes without closing it, or the defaults will just be reloaded when you open it again.

w4Capture.PNG

Consider putting the Configure Serial Port in a "Configure" state that can be called without exiting and restarting your program.

5) Your Emergency Stop just closes your program and nothing else!

w5Capture.PNG

Shouldn't you shutdown your instruments and maybe your OVEN(!) in case of an emergency?

Also how do you plan on stopping this loop at the end of your program?

In fact you have several parallel While Loops running with no way to stop them.

There's probably more going on here, unless I am missing something I don't think this program works at all.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 3
(727 Views)

Hi

Thansk for detailed look into my program. As you see there is still a lot to do. But do not worry this is not yet released for other and wont't be before i will fixed all aspects.

1) Already changed this using loop and "stop" function (also all instruments before that are going to disabled mode)

2) OK! I will study this...

3) Nothing more I just used this pattern from NI Help.

4) Good point, thanks I will change that.

5) Answered in pt. 1

Program will be stopped using stepfile and I will add case where will be function to spot whole application. Therer is need to have possibility to stop the all seperatly? I can do this using stop button. I assure that program works but still there are things need to be corrected.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(712 Views)