LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulate Time Values to Create graph

Hello,
I am acquiring data using DAQmx and am saving the data as .lvm file using the "Write Measurement File" option. My issue is I need to read the file and maiupulate the data with  a few equations and graph the results. One component is the acceleration; which is the rotational speed divided by time. The rotational speed is the voltage from the file divided by the motor constant of the generator. I haven't been able to read the columns seperately (1st column time, second column voltage) so I can manipulate the data. This is important because after the acceleration is found I need to use this value to find torque and graph the torque vs the original time values. Torque is (J x acceleration) / gravitational constant. (J being the mass monent of inertia, which is a constant)

I've tried several methods, but all just give me a blank graph. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks so much iin advance for your time.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,176 Views)

Hello jray3475,

I would suggest using the Read From Spreadsheet File.  This will allow you to read a tab-delimited LVM file.  By transposing the data and indexing the rows, you can obtain arrays of your time and your data.  You can then manipulate the data as you like.

Regards,

Clint M
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,140 Views)