LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage the main VI

Sorry, you will find attached my current VI.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(481 Views)

Hi Student,

don't use event structures inside event structures! (Atleast not unless you are REALLY sure about what you are doing!)

What's the reason to put wait functions inside the events?

Did you read the LabVIEW help on event structures? Especially the "caveats" section???

Btw. all the subVIs are missing…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(477 Views)

Hi!

Thank you for your responses

There have been days that i struggle with labview to get what i want in my program! After many trials, I attached the VI that I got and I hope you could help me

In fact, I want when I select one choice from the list box " Choose the analysis to do " ( either overall or orders analysis), if it's Overall , we press directly " DISPLAY GRAPH" to get the graph of the overall, While if it's Orders analysis, we should select one of the orders range in the listbox '' ORDERS RANGE", and after that when OK button is pressed, a list of the orders in that range will be displayed! The user should then select the orders that he wants to display in graph from that list , then press " DISPLAY GRAPH" to get the graph of the selected orders! 

My problem is when I press OK button , orders can not be shown in the list and don't get the correct graph, as there wasn't any order selected! 

I welcome your questions and your suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(453 Views)

Hi Student,

I attached the VI that I got and I hope you could help me

Well, there are missing subVIs. It would help more if you would attach the whole project including all needed subVIs…

In fact, I want when…

You list a whole list of requirements: you need to program your VI according to those requirements!

Why is there no loop around the event structure? How will you handle more than one event?

Why is there no case structure, where the selection is dependend on "analysis to do"? You explicitely named this as a condition!?

I welcome your questions and your suggestions.

My suggestion is: develop an algorithm based on your requirements. Draw that algorithm - on a sheet of paper. Yes, paper!

Once you are sure your algorithm will fulfill your requirements you start to code in LabVIEW…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 14 of 14
(451 Views)