It is not only your problem. I was searching around to see what could cause the error 13 I was seeing. I found this post and your workaround worked for me. Thank you for posting the workaround!
I was also using a 'Stall Data Flow' on an error wire.
This is my error message (note this is from building a packed library):
Click the link below to visit the Application Builder support page. Use the following information as a reference:
Error 13 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Engine_Write_Linker_Wrapper.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_PackedLibrary.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller
LabVIEW: Failed to load dynamic library because of missing external symbols or dependencies, or because of an invalid file format.
Shareable board exclusively owned.
Method Name: Linker:Write Info To File
Could it have something to do with disconnecting type defs when building?
I'd expect the enum to be a type def, but am not sure. Turning the disconnecting off might make a difference.
The Number To Enum.vim seems totally redundant, since the Variant To Data function does a great job. But that would just be a workaround.
Note: I have identified a quick workaround: remove the "Help path" in the VI properties (Documentation tab) of all VIMs in use:
After further investigation, we have discovered that this can be caused by using the Fast File Format. This option can be found under the "advanced" section of the Build Properties dialog box. We believe the only way of getting in to this state is by checking the box, which is unchecked by default.
In this case, to avoid Error 13, the box MUST remain UNCHECKED.
Thanks to drjdpowell for the assist.
Christopher Stryker | LabVIEW Core Staff PSE | Certified LabVIEW Architect
I was looking at my project to see if I was using the 'fast file format'... and I can conclude that I don't really know.
The 'Use fast file format'-option is not an available setting when building PPLs. No other combination of settings in Advanced properties allowed my build to be a success.