LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making of VI libraries

I want to make a LabVIEW library that includes a couple of VIs that I have made.
How do I edit it? What is the way to include new VIs?
I have no idea doing this job. Can someone help me?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,175 Views)
Hi

Look at this link! It explains not exactly your question, but you can still extract some important informations.
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/79718009aa2c2ab0862569650063f653?OpenDocument
Regards,
Luca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,175 Views)
I would recomend not creating a llb. The llb was created in the days of Win 3.1 when file names were limited to the 8.3 format. Since Win 95, long file names were allowed and the need for a llb was reduced. Problems with llb's include incompatibility with source code control and if an llb becomes corrupt, none of the VIs in it can be accessed (experience talking). I do on occassion create a llb for distribution purposes but I expect them to be converted to files after they've been received.

With all that said, if you really want to use llb's, when you save a VI, you'll notice a button called New VI Library. Click on this to create a llb and then save the VI to the llb you created. If you already have a VI, just use the save as function to save it to a ll
b. Chapter 7 of your LabVIEW User Manual has a section on llb's and how to manage them.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,175 Views)