LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a small change to an old project - How do I know what versions of Drivers and RIO etc was used for the last good build?

Solved!
Go to solution

If I want to make a small change to a legacy project of years ago, I want to limit my risk by using the exact same versions of LabVIEW, NI-RIO etc.  So I check out the project from the repo, but I don't know how to check what versions were used when the last know good build was made.  I don't want to introduce issues by mass-recompiling to the latest version.

What is best practice in this case?  I could, before every repo commit, take a screenshot of MAX's software tree and save this in the project folder.

Any ideas?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,102 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnthonV

Instead of creating a screenshot from MAX: MAX can create a report for you. You can take all of the expected info from it.

Message 2 of 4
(2,101 Views)

The report is a great idea!  I store both a max technical report and a project.NCE (HW config export) with each of my projects for this exact reason.  Those files have sure come in handy!

Also- its a good idea to make an image of the target as accepted and archive it somewhere.  ESPECIALLY for PXI based systems from NI.  (When the customer comes back for a "duplicate" just send the image with the PO and the system arrives fully configured)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 4
(2,097 Views)

Great advice thanks guys!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,079 Views)