LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a Heart rate monitor

What to nut in a sliding window and take 10(1-10) (2-11) sample of heart rate and get the average, i new to labview so of any one hae any idea how to go about it would be a great help thanks   
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,458 Views)

Hi gwhizz112,

do you have an array? If yes you can use the "Array subset" function and then the "Multiply Array Elements" function. Search for "average array" in the forum, there are lots of examples.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,443 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,410 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,407 Views)
       What i'm trying to do is i have an LED and LDR, which you place your finger in between and on every heart beat your finger fills with blood and after every heart beat the blood empties, this  go on a graph and what i what to is be able to could the number of beats. Any idea would be great thanks

gwhizz112
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,401 Views)
You need to better explain what you're trying to do and what you have since it's not clear whether you're referring to objects on a screen or physical items. You say you have and LED and LDR. Are these physical? How are you detecting the "place your finger in between"? And what do you mean by "on every heart beat your finger fills with blood". My finger usually has blood all the time.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,393 Views)
To operate the heart rate monitor, place your finger in between the LED (D4) and LDR  On every heart beat your finger fills with blood and after every heart beat the blood in
your finger empties. The D4 LED shines light through your finger which is detected by the LDR.
When your finger fills with blood, the red light of the LED is absorbed by your blood and the
percentage of light reaching the LDR decreases. Once the blood in your finger empties, the red light
is no longer absorbed and passes straight though your finger, which is detected by the LDR.The changes in light intensity cause resistance changes in the LDR and therefore, cause voltage
changes in the circuit. The rest of the circuit amplifies this voltage change so that it can be read by
the NIDAQ easily. The red LED, D2, represents the amplified rise and fall of resistance of the LDR.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,383 Views)
OK. That's the theory. What do you actually have set up? Do you have a data acquisition system? How are you collecting the data? What kind of data are you collecting?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,365 Views)
    i have it set up so i'm get a graph, but i what to be able to count the number of heart beat, i have to trouble being able to count them, because every one heart is diffent, so can't but in standard limit it    
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,354 Views)
Can you provide an example of what the graph looks like, and what should be considered a heart beat? If you have raw data that would be the best, but at a minimum a picture would be helpful so that suggestions can be offered.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,350 Views)