LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Username and Password for LabView

So my idea is making username and password for the entry to my program but i already tried to make simple . Like if the username and the password correct ,the led should turned on or the username or password in correct there is pop up message .And i want make the password not the reveal the number but change it to *****. Can anybody help me and explain to me ?

There is my project .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,075 Views)

hi Gabess,

Search community once..

bp
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,053 Views)

okay thank you but why when i input the correct username and password but the green light doesnt turn on ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,027 Views)

Wow.  That is some screwed-up code!  Take the basic LabVIEW Tutorials (you can find links on the first page of this Forum).  Learn how the Event Structure works.  Learn about Data Flow.  Learn how to debug LabVIEW code using Probes and Highlight Execution (which won't really help you here -- I tried it, and it took me several minutes, I'm ashamed to admit, before I found the incredibly silly thing you'd programmed, causing me to say "Huh?  What were you thinking?"

Here's a Helpful Hint.  Write down (use pencil/paper or MS Word or however else you like to write) and describe what you want your Program to do.  Make sure you explain all of the Controls, their purpose and why they are present.  You might stumble upon the "fuzzy thinking" that comes with "Let's throw some Code together -- gee, LabVIEW is so easy we don't even need to think about what we're doing ..."

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 15
(6,023 Views)

Thank you for your advices and critizes .

I will practice and learn more how to code .

I admit it , im still bad at programming . 🙂

Message 5 of 15
(6,019 Views)

And I also owe you an apology.  I just checked the LabVIEW Help and the on-line tutorials that I suggested you watch, and they don't really go into how the Event Loop behaves.  I learned LabVIEW by (a) reading Jim Kring's "LabVIEW for Everyone (3rd Edition) (even though it is in need of an update, being about a decade old, and written for LabVIEW 8, which, admittedly, is "on the road to Modern LabVIEW" from LabVIEW 7 ...), and (b) having a LabVIEW Guru who taught me some of the more important concepts, like how an Event Loop ("Loop?  There's supposed to be a Loop there?") works.

I recommend that you find yourself a Guru if you really want to learn (and understand) LabVIEW.  I've learned about a dozen Programming Languages, and find LabVIEW the most intuitive, easy-to-use, easy-to-maintain system I've encountered.  However, with any good tool, you need some minimal skills so that you don't "hurt yourself" (there is no "Spaghetti Code" like LabVIEW Spaghetti Code -- with all those colored wires, it even looks like spaghetti).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,997 Views)

Hi ! there is a good link that talks about LabVIEW Environment Basics, also it talks about dataflow, debugging tools, data structures,  execution structures.

Here is the link: http://www.ni.com/getting-started/labview-basics/environment

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,912 Views)

Get rid of the feedback node. it is just hurting you.  Attach the text file so we can see if you are reading it correctly. what values are on the wires (Use Probes!)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,909 Views)

Hello there proven Zelot . I accept your apology and i will do the best !!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,819 Views)

Thank you for your information , gonna check the link and study it

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,817 Views)