cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make main window freeze when I open settings vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I'm apologizing in advance, as the English is not my native language, so I don't know if I will be able to explain clearly what I want.

I have a queued message handler as my main vi, and I want to add Settings vi that pops up when I click on a Settings button in my main vi. I did that, and it's working great, but when settings vi opens I can still click on buttons and set focus to my main vi. I don't want that, as I would like the user to focus on settings window only, and I want main window to be "frozen" while settings is open.

Is there any way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,940 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tcvitanic

Hi,

You basically want your settings VI to be a popup. There is a setting for that.

For the settings VI,

Go to File -> VI Properties -> Window appearance -> Customize -> Window behavior

Changing the window behavior property to modal will resolve your issue.

Best Regards,
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Certified Architect
Message 2 of 3
(1,910 Views)

@tcvitanic wrote:

Hello!

I'm apologizing in advance, as the English is not my native language, so I don't know if I will be able to explain clearly what I want.

I have a queued message handler as my main vi, and I want to add Settings vi that pops up when I click on a Settings button in my main vi. I did that, and it's working great, but when settings vi opens I can still click on buttons and set focus to my main vi. I don't want that, as I would like the user to focus on settings window only, and I want main window to be "frozen" while settings is open.

Is there any way to do this?

As a compliment: Your English is better than mine, and I grew up with the language!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,882 Views)