LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make current value default - Undo action

Hi,

I understand your point of view and I agree that for many cases storing/loading data from files is the best option. Unfortunately there are few cases when it's better and faster to use default values. I repeat again - it's a fundamental feature, something like Cntr-Z in Windows to undo things.

Again we're drifting away from the main question - How to undo the default values. Is it useful or not is completely different question and may depend on what are you doing in this particular moment.

Best regards,

Luben 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,085 Views)

Ok, as much as I know, you can not undo "set as default" action only right after you did it. If you save the file, or you start to do other modifications, you cannot undo this change.

edit: "I repeat again - it's a fundamental feature"

I just have to disagree, since it is very easy to avoid the necessity of such "feature", it is not fundamental neither important IMHO. You could also save your VI with different sets of "default" values, and using some source control to track changes, and undo any if necessery...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,073 Views)

Negative answer is an answer. If we can't undo default values and we know it's not possible with current version of LabView it's still an useful information to understand how LabView works.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,069 Views)

Why should the setting of the default value be any different when it comes to the undo stack?  What if I deleted a case structure and then an hour later decided I needed it again.  Should I expect LabVIEW to be able to just undo my deletion of the case structure?

To fix your default value, you just pull up your backup code (hopefully in an SCC repository), see what the value used to be, put that value into your control, and set it to be the default.

As far as usefulness of actually setting the default of a control: Recommended and Optional inputs on the connector pane justifies having the feature.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,054 Views)