LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make available entered value as an autocomplete

Hello,
I have an input control in which the user inputs the values using the prompt user input express vi. Is there a way to retain the previous values entered by the user like a history/autocomplete function  or have a drop down menu if the values are fixed and user chooses from them. If yes how can this be realized.

Eg: Input voltage : (say 1st time) 2 volts
       Input voltage : (say 2nd time) he wants to input 3V, while entering 3v he also sees a 2 V value previously entered.
Also can it have a clear history function??

Kindly help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,310 Views)
Hi Dravi99,

I think the best way to have an autocomplete function like this is to use a Combo Box.  With a Combo Box, you can have predefined inputs (common ones that maybe the user will pick) so that when they start typing it will automatically try to fill out the rest of the word if it matches any of the predefined inputs.  If you want to be able to have the user also type in other inputs, you can create a property node off of that Combo Box, and select User Defined Strings, and set it to true.  This will allow for the users to type in whatever they want.  Then to add that to the list of the predefined inputs you have, you can use Value property node, and add that value to the end of the Strings array (to access this array use the Strings[] property node).  Then you can have the history off all the values entered and it will also do an autocomplete for you.  I hope this helps you out.
Regards,

Michael
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,280 Views)