LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a list of subVIs and paths

Using LV 8.2 I really want to make use of the project however...

The project must be populated with all of the subVIs for it to know anything about them. If a subVI isn't in the project I can't figure out how to get its name and path or reference programmatically.

The problems come up when I forget to put a subVI in the project or the subVI happens to be in a directory where I don't expect it to be or if I put unused VIs in a project.

With the LabVIEW Libraries I used to be able to save with options and make a new LLB. The new LLB would have all of the subVI for the entire system and I could either include or exclude the vi.lib VIs. This was a great way to manage source distributions.

I can't figure out how to determine where I have more VIs in my project than my system needs or whether I have all the VIs my system uses.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,193 Views)
Hello,

To see VI not referenced in the project windows: link
Use Dependencies to view items that VIs under a target require. Each target in a LabVIEW project includes Dependencies. Dependencies lists VIs used by VIs in the project that are not already in the project.
You cannot add items directly to Dependencies. LabVIEW adds dependencies for VIs under a target when you right-click Dependencies and select Refresh from the shortcut menu.

To see the VI Path in the project windows: Link
Right-click the project root and select View»Full Paths from the shortcut menu to view where files that a project references are saved on disk.

Interesting link:
Improving Your Development with the LabVIEW Project

Best regards,
Nick_CH
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,179 Views)