LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MXI-3 as PCI-PIC expansion system ?

Somebody have experience using a MXI-3 as PCI to PCI (not VXI) expansion system ?
Thanks
Juan
www.cehipar.es
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,509 Views)
Juan,

I have used the MXI-3 in this manner. What help do you need?

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,509 Views)
Hello Mark,
We tried to install two PCI MXI-3, without success. The green leds are on, but when we tried to run the NI Optimization tool, say "A MXI-3 interface was not detected in the system.....". We tested with two different computers: DELL and also with an industrial system with Advantech CPU board, the target was was a passive empty PCI backplane from Advantech. We set the BIOS plug and play option "OFF", "ON" ...... following NI FAQ recomendations for PCI-VXI. Do you have any recomendation ?
Thanks in advance
Juan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,509 Views)
Juan,

I was just checking my notes on how I installed it on a PC earlier. The PC I had was a Dell Optiplex GX110. I did have a few problems with the optimization floppy disk myself, so I made notes on how I got it to work.

1) If you already have the optimization software installed, remove it from the PC, but leave the PCI MXI-3 card in the machine.

2) Power up the PC. Shutdown the PC.

3) Reinstall the MXI-3 optimizatin software. The software does run, but mine didn't work the first time.

4) Restart the PC. My software then found the MXI-3 card with no problems. I did NOT mess with any BIOS settings at all. My PC had no other PCI cards in the host PC, but it did have a built-in E-net network card we use to connect to the
plantwide LAN.

That was it. Ironically, we had PCI DAQ cards in the PCI extension, and even when the optimization was not working, I could "see" the boards in NI-MAX (don't know if you're using that).

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,509 Views)
Hello Mark

After lots of test our system doesn't work. Our last test was:

- To install a DAQ PCI board in the host, NI-MAX could see it ok.
- Change this DAQ PCI board to the PCI target system.
- Install the PCI-PCI MIX-3 bridge.
- NI-MAX don't "see" the board.

Do you have any sugestion ?
Thanks.
Juan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,509 Views)