LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MT modulation toolkit problem : Am modulation demodulation

Solved!
Go to solution

please i am facing few problems in labview.

1- i did an Am modulation application using labview. for demodulation i used "MT modulation toolkit" but  i faced a problem while wiring the desired signal  to the demodulation block saying "you have connected two terminals of diiferent types" but i am not able to solving this issue.
2- the second problem was in using a lowpass filter which always show up the following error whatever are the inside parameters "Error -20023 occurred at Filter->Amplitude Modulation (AM)-demod.vi "

i would be thankful if someone can help me.
thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,892 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author o4enPro

Hi o4enPro,

Sorry for delay and thank you for contacting us.

1. You cannot connect two different types, but you can "transform" the one to the other type. You have to build proper waveform types and/or clusters. You can see in the Context Help (Ctrl+H) which type of input data is desired on each function or Express VI. Open my attached VI to see the solutions.

2. For the error code details see the page: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABBD3A7BC25E17C8862561270058A4A0?OpenDocument

Your problem source was that: An array of data is being passed to the filter without waveform information. Again, you should build the proper data type. Solution is in attached VI.

If you have further questions, write us again.

Regards,

Peter

Peter Vago
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,877 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,860 Views)

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your help. And please i still need your help finalizing project.
I need to substitute the "message signal parameters (f, A, P)" in the previous VI "Amplitude Modulation (AM)-demod_PeterNI"  by the attached function generator "function-generator.vi".
i appreciate your help
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,854 Views)

Hi,

You can easily embed the generator into the modulator code, as a SubVI.

I replied you on an other thread before. Please find the example in that thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/linking-function-generator-to-AM-modulation-toolkit/m-p/1574902

I hope it will be helpful.

Regards,

Peter

Peter Vago
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,849 Views)