From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS2026 -anvna Wait for Acquisition Complete -ERROR

Hi Everyone,

I wrote a labview program (LV 7.1) with instrument MS2026A VNA (Anritsu) and it was working fine.

However the original equipmet stopped working last week and we have received a loaner (until our is fixed), same model, but does not work with my labview program.  I even try running this equipment with the sample program provided by NI:  "anvna Acquire Trace Example" and it gives me an error -please refer to attached pictures.

The error is in the "anvna Wait for Acquisition Complete.vi."  I think it has to do with timeout (256).  I have added delays all over but nothing helps.  I used to have this same problem on the first instrument but it disappear "mysteriously."

Could somebody point me to way to fix this issue?   Thanks very much,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,877 Views)

New information:

I have tried the following samples VIs and all failed at the same vi as explained before (anvna Wait for Acquisition Complete.v) and all failed at the same place (please refer

to attached picture):

anvna Acquire Continuous Trace Example.vi

anvna Acquire Marker Data Example.vi

anvna Acquire Smith Plot Example.vi

anvna Acquire Trace Example.vi

The only VI that works is: 

anvna Transfer Current Waveform Example.vi

This VI does not call "anvna Wait for Acquisition Complete.vi"  - Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,857 Views)

Dennis Knutson or Altenbach -Do you have any thouhts as to why all 4 examples VIs for this equipment's library stop at "anvna Wait for Acquisition Complete"

Thanks very much,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,819 Views)

Hi Fvalenzu,

I have a few questions about your application. 

Is the replacement instrument the same revision of the instrument you sent to get repaired? 

Is the device at the same address? 

Are you able to successfully communicate with the instrument in max using GPIB commands?

You might want to verify the program is calling the instrument by the correct alias or address and you are calling the device correctly.  Also, I would check and see if there is a newer version of the IVI driver for your instrument. IVI drivers can be found at the link below. 

ni.com/idnet

Regards

Message Edited by Andy L on 08-17-2007 06:25 PM

Andy L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,779 Views)

Andy,

I contacted Anritsu's tech support and upgraded this model to latest firmware and my labview code appears to be working fine.  Therefore at this point it appears that everything is working fine.  Thanks for your reply.

Frank

Message 5 of 5
(2,740 Views)