LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Word AutoFit behavior

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm attempting to edit the AutoFit behavior of a MS Word 2003 report generated through the Report Generation Tool, but I'm having some trouble with ActiveX. I referenced an earlier thread I found via search here, but it's from 2006 so I'm not sure if either it's still applicable or if I am doing it wrong.

I've attached my VI with a comment where I'm getting an error. I think it has to do with referencing the index, but as far as I know, "1" references the current table/graph... If someone could point me in the right direction or help me with the solution, I'd greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,877 Views)

Hi ChaoyD,

One way you can troubleshoot this is to create the macro in Microsoft Word of what you are wanting to do and then take a look at the macro code that is generated. From this you can follow it step-by-step to see which ActiveX calls are called and you can basically follow these calls in LabVIEW to make sure you are using the correct references for what you are trying to accomplish.

Regards,

Tommy G.
Product Manager - Search
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,859 Views)

Thanks, Tommy. I'll try that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,855 Views)

Can you save you vi in LV2009?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,854 Views)

Had to make a .zip because of a subVI I used, but here's the LV2009 of it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,848 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChaoyD

@ChaoyD wrote:

Had to make a .zip because of a subVI I used, but here's the LV2009 of it.

Hmmm ... this subVI looks familiar!

Try this (I haven't tried it in your vi but I know it works as a standalone).

Ben64

Message 6 of 7
(2,846 Views)

Fantastic. I feel like such an idiot for being so close, yet so far. At least in the future I'll know the tip for recording a macro then looking at it. Thanks again, both of y'all. Especially ben64, who's been so helpful with all my RGT questions so far Cat Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,840 Views)