LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Office Report Express VI

I am using the MS Office Report Express VI and it always inserts text/data in 10 point font. I opened the front panel of the express VI and I can't seem to find a section referencing the font size. How can I modify the text to insert at 8 point font?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(775 Views)

You can use the "Word Format Text" VI (which you can find on the RGT sub-Palette "Word Specific\Word Advanced\Word Format Text.vi").  By default, this VI sets the specified Font (that you load into the "Font" Cluster input) to the entire Document.  You can use the Start and End optional inputs to restrict the range of the Font Changes.

Don't be afraid to explore the Sub-Palettes on the Block Diagram -- drag a function you want to learn about to an empty Block Diagram, right-click it, and type ^H (or turn on Help) and read the Detailed Help.  Note that many Help documents point you to Example Code, as well.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(727 Views)

Hi,

You also can try this method.

1. Open Microsoft Word/Excel.
  2. Add content to your template.
  3. Insert bookmark in your template. Steps: Inserting Bookmarks in Your Word Document (lifewire.com) 
  4. Save your file as template format.
  5. In your labview, select "Custom report to excel/word"
  6. Select path where you saved your template in Step 4.
  7. You can see that the bookmark in your template become input of your Express VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(720 Views)