LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODBUS - 6101 Time Out Error

Hi,

I have a Honeywell UDA2182 controller and am trying to read 3 data channels from it using Labview 2010 SP1 (running on XP with the VISA and MODBUS libraries installed). The PC is connected to the controller via a RS485 - USB converter.

I keep getting Error 6101 - time out error and can't resolve the problem.

The channels are from registers lines 0-3 for inputs 1 and 2 and 37-38 for input 3. If I read only inputs 1 and 2 then I don't get this error. If I read all 3 (involving reading registers 0-38) then the error occurs. It seems like it can't deal with so much data. Is there a way of reading 0-4 followed by 37-38 or only registers 0-4 and 37-38? I tried to do this using a flat sequence structure but it dosen't work, the software runs really slowly and does not sample at the correct frequency.

This reading the channels extra channels that i'm currently reading might not solve my problem and hence I'd obviously be open to suggestions on how to remove this error. I have had a read up on this error but haven't managed to solve it.

I have attached the sequenced and origional .vi's i have made.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,899 Views)

Carlr,

Your modified code doesn't work because you've opened to references to the same VISA resource.  See the attached snippet for an example of reading two different things from the same instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,887 Views)

Dear All, I get stresss about this problem, finally I find how to fix this problem, this Error cause electrical problem, I just unplug my charger and the error not appear again.....

@Wayne.C wrote:

Carlr,

Your modified code doesn't work because you've opened to references to the same VISA resource.  See the attached snippet for an example of reading two different things from the same instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,209 Views)