LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI-710C positioner controller

Greetings all,

I'm hoping someone can help me here. My company uses MI-Technologies (now NSI-MI) model MI-710C positioner controllers for motion control of several antenna positioning systems. We also use LabVIEW extensively for our bespoke data acquisition software which now needs to control the MI-710C.

NSI-MI don't seem to produce a LabVIEW driver for this model of controller - I've asked both the US and EU divisions to no avail. I'm hoping that someone here may have written one they would be willing to share.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,634 Views)

Hi maelmorde,

as this device seem to provide a LAN/Ethernet port you need to ask the manufacturer for a programming manual. This manual should explain which protocol is used by your device and which commands/messages are used…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,579 Views)

I can help you with the driver if you get the programing manual

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,959 Views)

Tell me the extent of what you are trying to do.  There are lots of things required to write a general driver but only a few things required to get it to move and stop.  For example, the device can tell you what axes are connected/online which may be useful for general applications or if your configuration changes.  On the other hand, these are not so important if your configuration is fixed.

Things that are typical are: MoveAxisAtSpeed, Stop, GetAxisPos, MoveAxisAtSpeedWithTriggers

Depending on your needs it may be simpler than you think.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,962 Views)